Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Shack

Well, I don't mean to make this blog all about the books I've been reading but I had to post something about this one. Josh and I both just read a book called The Skack. Its a Christian novel that's been on the bestseller list for a while and we had heard it was good. Well....its amazing!

Here is the premise from the cover....Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in this midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change his life forever.

The book is totally fiction and I have read reviews of people that take it much to literal...its not the Bible nor was it meant to be, but for me it was an amazing reminder of how much I am loved by God. I cried many times, mostly out of shear amazment at how much God takes care of us, loves us and is with us even when we are not drawing near to Him! This is a book I will get out and read again when I go through struggles in life. Whether you are stronger in your faith than you've even been or are going through a difficult time really trusting God....this is a wonderful place to lose yourself and be reminded of how much God truly loves you. It made me really think about things and it sparked much discussion between Josh and I. I wish Josh and I would have bought 2 copies and read them at the same time so we could have discussed it as we read it, but I read it and then Josh did and it was killing me that I had to wait for him to read it before we could talk. Its a quick and easy read and you can find the book anywhere...I was at Wal Mart yesterday and they had TONS of copies. If you read it, let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Sounds good! I'll definitely check it out. And, I could certainly use a reminder of God's faithfulness.