Sunday, December 12, 2010

The crazy things people say

Saturday we took Morgan to see Santa at Stonebriar mall. We had to wait in line about 40 minutes and of course, we were right behind Miss Chatty Cathy with her two kiddos. One was about 5 yrs old and the other was 10 months (I know because she told me practically her whole life story).

Anyway, I don't know how we started talking to begin with, but once we did, she looked at Morgan (who was sitting sweetly in her stroller minding her own business and eating Cheerios) and said "I was just thinking earlier when I saw ya'll that she looks really spoiled and I was thinking my son will one day have to deal with high-maintenance girls like her".

Ummm.....is that supposed to be a compliment? How should I take that. I really didn't know what to say, but you could tell that she didn't think she said anything wrong and that she thought she was being nice. I guess because her outfit was cute and she had a bow on that makes her high maintenance. I wasn't sure if I should smile or punch her in the face.

Fast forward to later Saturday night when we went to dinner at Snuffers.

Morgan loves going to restaurants so she was playing and flirting with strangers, as usual, when a guy who works there came over to tell us that he thought Morgan was very cute. He asked how old she was and then proceeded to say, "Well, you have about 3 more years before you say, I'm about done with you kid". WHAT??? Your done with your kid after 3-4 yrs? Do people never think before they speak?

The whole thing just made us laugh! People crack me up!

3 comments:

Julie said...

LOL!!!! :)

So good that you can laugh at that!

People are insane. I blame all this online social networking. No one knows how to behave face-to-face anymore. :)

I feel sorry for the "high maintenance girl" who's gonna have to deal with crazy Stonebriar lady as a mother-in-law one day.

You should've told the guy at dinner that in 3 or 4 years you'll have another baby. So you might be done with Morgan but at least you'll have one you like. ;)

Stefanilw said...

Seriously!!! The nerve of some people! Morgan is beautiful and can't even imagine you getting sick of her in 3 or 4 years. That's when the good fun starts anyway! ;-)

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

oh my gosh girl people are nuts!! they kill me!!! i'm glad you're able to laugh at it...i wanted to punch them out and it had nothing to do with me!! lol!!!